Wednesday, January 04, 2017

Molly Attempts Potato Soup

So the boy and I have been sick pretty much since Christmas. It's been an achey, gross, sniffly cold that has been very contagious and well, exhausting. While we have both been drinking elderberry syrup and licorice tea like chocolate milk we need some comfort food. So I decided to make one of his favorites, potato soup.

I used:

6 Potatoes
1 Onion
1 C Carrots
1 C Corn
1 Green pepper
3 1/2 C Milk
1/4 C Flour
Parsley
Garlic
Roastmary
Black cracked pepper

Trying to cook in my tiny kitchen is... challenging.

I have to say this recipe became way more intense than I would have expected. First I had to boil the potatoes until soft. While they were boiling I sautéed the onion and chopping the green pepper.

Sauteeing onions is kind of my favorite. The smell is amazing!


Once that was done I began mixing the milk and flour on the stove. Once all the pieces were set the I whipped the potatoes with my new (thanks Didi!) mixer. I didn't want to puree them but simply thicken the soup a bit. Once it got to the consistency I liked I added the veggies, milk mixture and spices and let it sit on the stove.



Here's the finished product!



How do you think I did? Do you have any ideas or advice? Please let us know!

No comments: