Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Our New Apprentice

This month we've been getting lots of great help around here.  Here's a brief introduction to the newest staff:



Hi all!

So I know many of you have already heard about me (or worse, seen baby pictures of me) but I thought a proper introduction was in order since I will be working on the magazine.

Before I started working with my mother and my aunt I went to Kutztown University for professional writing. During that time I realized I knew more about herbs than I expected, having spent my entire life surrounded by them, but never really being completely involved. When my friends would catch a cold or have a huge presentation that was stressing them out, I would be able to give them tinctures or suggest an herbal tea for them to try. It was a happy surprise how many times we were able to see a real difference.  While I didn’t become the campus apothecary, I was happy to know some of my mother’s teachings stuck with me.

When my mother's and aunt’s businesses suddenly needed an extra set of hands and eyes, I jumped at the chance to work with them. Since I started it has been a whirlwind of new material, ideas, and experiences. I am often using the skills I learned in college with something that I may have learned that day.

And I can’t wait to see what’s next!

Nice to meet you all,

Molly

No comments: