Sunday, August 07, 2011

V.G.T. - Linda Wilson in Washington State

More of the Virtual Garden Tour from readers of The Essential Herbal Magazine!
Linda Wilson of Thistledown Farm (specializing in handgrown unusual plants) sent the following:
We live in the Pacific Northwest about 40 miles south of Seattle. It's been a cold spring and summer is just now getting here, almost in time for fall........... Regardless it's easy to garden here. So here is a a small sampling of photos from our farm.


Delphinium

Datisca


Lavender and Yarrow

Lupines are spectacular in the spring.

Russian Hollyhocks

John Deere, compost and girl power.
Looking at Linda's pictures, I love the sun and the lushness.
From here, the tour is going to head back to the middle of the country before veering off to the north east again.
Check tomorrow (8-8-11) for a special contest!

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Wow - my name is also Linda Wilson, though I go by Lynne. I'm on Whidbey Island and you came up under my Google Alert for "Linda Wilson" on the internet. I would like to join your group!
Thanks,
Lynne

Tina Sams said...

:-) We do have a Yahoo! group. You can find it towards the bottom of the website for the magazine - www.essentialherbal.com - you don't need to be a subscriber to join the group, and there's tons of good herbal information. I'll warn you though, you'll want to subscribe!