Sunday, November 07, 2010

this prize is all wet

First - there are just a few more days of prize posting left, and then we'll get back to some normal content. If you're a long time reader, I apologize for the commercial interruption, but there are 5 1/2 years of posts to look over while we get this book released. I'll write again soon, I promise.

There's no picture for this one, because it is being created just for us (although I think she should probably think that one over and offer it on her shop). From Rebekah at The Soap Dish comes a kit to make lavender milk bath, including a pound of milk powder, 4 ounces of lavender, 50 large tea bags, an ounce of lavender fragrance, and instructions. Anyone can make bath teas, even if they don't know how to make anything else. This is so cool because you'll be able to make enough to use and give some away to friends if you like! A perfect way to get that holiday gift making started. It kind of reminds me of my grandmother's technique of holiday gift shopping... one for xxx, one for me.

Someone asked me yesterday if I had any idea what the odds were of someone winning a prize. It looks like it will wind up being something like 1 in 12 to 1 in 15. Those aren't bad odds, and there are some amazing prizes. The book, "By the Hearth" is pretty amazing too, and the pre-release 20% discount doesn't hurt.

No comments: