Sunday, June 06, 2010

simple life

Life has seemed very simple lately.That's a good thing.Maybe it comes from the passage of time, and realizing that time is not a resource to be wasted. We only get so much.Life is good here on the hill. My nephew jokingly (I think...) calls me a hermit, but at this moment there is nothing more interesting than the gardens, or wandering through the fields looking at the weeds, watching the sun set or a storm roll in, or stretched out flat on my back looking at the stars.Our days are filled with making things - tinctures, infused oils, salves, soaps - writing, and watching things grow.
Right now, that seems just about perfect. Next month, who knows what crazy turn I will wholeheartedly embrace? Right now, it's a fine life. Time to think, dream, care, and clear out the cobwebs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) Great post! I totally get it, I've just come out of a crazy work week and I am so enjoying just being here at home with my plants and animals.Working in the gardens at my own pace. Looking around at what is , thinking back on what was , and planning out what will be....
Kim Floyd

Laura said...

Soooo lovely! I seriously come to your blog to "get away from it all." Thank you so much for sharing such beauty with us!