Sunday, May 09, 2010

Herb Faire Fun

Late this winter, Maryanne and I made the decision to take a break from events this year, doing only the things that we'd already firmly contracted to do. It was one of the best decisions we've made in a while.
It allowed us to offer our friend Kathy from Cloverleaf Herbs our help at Landis Valley Herb and Garden Faire this past week while still being able to visit with friends and do a little shopping. We were also able to drop into the Mount Joy Farmer's Market on Saturday to pick up some of the first strawberries of the season before heading to the faire. We feel like kids bagging classes in school!
Here Maryanne is, beside Kathy's magnificent herb plants. We were heading out to hunt for some goodies.Right up the way a bit, there was a booth full of all sorts of yard art and garden inspired home furnishings.This is Diane from Brushwood Farm, and I have to apologize for the shot. Diane is really cute, so I think I may have to get my camera checked out (it is having real issues with contrast lately). She slipped me a wonderful tube of violet lip balm, and I just love it!
Besides a very vigorous and reasonably priced passionflower vine from Deer Creek Herb Farm, I came away with this crazy bird sculpture from G Wiz Workshop, out of Ruffsdale, PA. It hasn't found a permanent home in my garden yet, but it makes me smile every time I look at it.
There are several more opportunities for herbie fun coming up in the next month - especially if we are careful when putting together our upcoming class schedule. This is really turning out to be a fun spring!

2 comments:

PeggyR said...

Looks like you had fun! I hope you had a nice Mother's Day! We had to cover plants as it's going down to 28 tonight.

Tina Sams said...

ugh! We were expecting scattered frost last night too. Oh spring...