Monday, August 08, 2005

a series of misadventures...

Did you ever have a day that was just a little askew? Just not quite as it should be? Well that was today for me.
It starts with the phone waking me at the late hour (for me) of shortly after 8. Considering that I am typically up by 6, this didn't bode well. The call was the printer... there was a problem with the files. Egads! Two and a half hours later, it appears that I gave them the wrong disk last week. Its a little foggy and I still can't figure out how that could have happened.
We proceed through the day with vaguely unsettling news, visits, and emails. Nothing to really put one's finger on, just a growing sense of anxiety.
The bright spot was taking the new freshman for her school supplies. It was fun shopping for new binders, pens, folders, and all that cool paper stuff. Also amusing - as when she told me that she was a little concerned that the backpack she'd purchased over the weekend might scream, "freshman". Ah yes, a short stroll down memory lane, to where every decision is a land mine.
The day ends with us turning into a restaurant for dinner, only to find that they've closed. Perfect. Just perfect.
The good news is that we made it through the day. There's a good book waiting for me, and tomorrow most certainly will be another day - possibly much better.

No comments: