Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Hiatus!!!

Yesterday was the official start of my summer hiatus. It may last longer (hope, hope, hope), but that's the current certainty.
It was time to work seriously on the magazine. The piles of paperwork and bits and pieces of notes and memos were just screaming my name... so here goes!
Over the weekend, I finished typing in a cookbook that a friend put together, and yesterday I started wading through my desk. During the day, I got a request for a gift certificate, and was able to quickly add that option to the web site. It was so nice to be able to answer questions and requests on the spot - rather than arriving home to an avalanche and working til 8 or so, getting everything finished up to begin another day.
I don't know where this will lead, or whether it will last, but my daughter is happy to have me with her during the day, and it feels right.

No comments: